Business Visitor Visa (B-1) – For business-specific purposes
The following are some of the categories which let you visit the USA for a temporary business related visits which make you eligible for Business Visitor Visa to the USA. Please note that the following categorisation is Not Comprehensive, you may visit Orbit Immigration Business Visa Consultant (B-1) for the other visits permitted under this visa.
While visiting the USA as an Athlete or a Professional:
- You are not entitled to any salary or income from any company or business entity based in the USA.
- However, you are allowed to accept the money for the participation in a tournament or sporting event in the USA.
- You will be granted this visa as a member of an Athlete team who seeks to visit the USA as a member of a foreign team to compete with another team with the conditions that
- The foreign athletes and their team must have a principal place of business or activity in a foreign country.
- The income and the salary of the players of the foreign team must be accrued in a foreign country.
- The foreign team must be a member of an international sports league or the sports activity must have an international dimension.
- You can give try outs for a professional team but it does not allow you to stay in the USA and playing for a US team under this visa category.
While visiting the USA as a Businessman:
While visiting the USA as a Businessman for a venture/ investor seeking/ investment or for attending a conference/ meetings/ trade show/ or as a business event attendee/ or as the employees of foreign exhibitors at trade shows or expositions at international fair(the government employees are excluded in this category). You can visit the USA with this visa with the following conditions;
- You are allowed to make a survey of the potential sites for your business to lease premises in the USA but you cannot stay in the USA to manage the business under this visa.
- You are not entitled to any income or salary from the company or an entity from the USA.
- Your visit to the USA should not be for the purposes other than the scientific, educational, professional or business purposes.
- You are allowed to plan, assemble, dismantle, maintain or be employed in respect of the exhibits at the international fairs or exhibitions without any financial rewards.
While visiting the USA as a Lecturer or a Speaker:
While visiting the USA with this visa as a Lecturer or a Speaker you abide by the following conditions:
- You are not allowed to receive any income or salary from a company or an entity based in the USA.
- However, you are entitled to claim the expenses incurred for your visit.
- In the same way, you can also receive honorarium but the activities in this respect must last for nine days at any one particular institute or organization and the payment thereof must be paid by the same organization or the institute.
- The honorarium paid should be for the services which are beneficial to the institute or the organization or the entity. Moreover, the payment of the honorarium must not be accepted from more than 5 institutions or organizations for over the last 6 months.
While visiting the USA as a Researcher:
While visiting the USA as a Researcher on this visa, you need to comply with the following conditions:
- Your research must be an independent and it must not generate any income or salary from any organization based in the USA.
- It must be beneficial to the USA institution.
While visiting the USA for the purpose of the Sales or Selling:
While visiting the USA for the purpose of the Sale or Selling of your products you are required to comply with the following conditions:
- You can visit the USA with this visa for the Exhibition, taking orders or negotiating and signing contracts for the products.
- The products for which you are visiting the USA must be produced outside the USA.
While visiting the USA as a Service Engineer (Commercial or Industrial):
You can visit the USA with this visa as a Service Engineer for any commercial or industrial engineering work in the USA on the following conditions:
- You can visit the USA with this visa for the installation, repair or service of a commercial or industrial equipment or machinery sold by a non-US company to a buyer from the USA and it should be the specific requirement of the purchase contract.
- Note that the term ‘Installation’ does not include the construction work. However, you are allowed to supervise or train the US workers to do Construction.
While visiting the USA for the purpose of a Training:
Complying with the following conditions, you can visit the USA for the purpose of participating in a training program.
- Your participation in the training program must not be designed or intended primarily to generate employment.
- You must not receive any payment or income in any form any US company or entity for the participation in such training program.
- However, you are eligible to receive the expense allowance or reimbursement of the expenses related to your stay in the USA as a visitor.
What you are required to do the next:
- The first step you should do is to make it sure that your intent and visit to the USA best suit to the description given above.
- Then schedule an interview appointment and apply for the visa at the US Embassy or Consulate abroad, most preferably from your country of residence.
- Still, spare your time to learn more about the procedure for your application for a business visitor visa (B-1).
- Check and verify visa wait time for your interview appointment.
Remember these facts:
- The consulate officer at the US Embassy or Consulate is the authority to whom you apply for your visa and he will decide your eligibility for your visa.
- He/she is the person to decide what type of visa you require considering your application, interview, individual facts presented by you and according to the US immigration law.
- For the US companies, The Department of State Business Visa Centre helps the businesses in the USA to provide the information regarding the application process for a business visitor visa (B-1) for their visit to the USA.